What to bring?
- Most recent medical records, laboratory results, X-ray films (if any).
- Letter of Guarantee from an approved company.
- Identity Card or Birth Certificate if under 12 years of age (for Malaysian).
- Passport (Foreigners).
- Exercise shoes and attire.
- Feel free to bring your own reading materials. Our Center provides Astro (Satellite TV) programs and some magazines.
General Advice / Information
- Fast 8-10 hours before the day of your Health Screening appointment.
- No food and beverages are allowed during fasting, with the exception of water.
- Non-fasting will affect the results for your blood tests for glucose, cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Inform our staff during Registration if you experience Chest Pain / discomfort / tightness or if you have undergone Balloon Angioplasty,
Stenting and Bypass Surgery.
- Lockers are provided if you need to store your belongings. Try to avoid expensive valuables with you during your Health Screening.
- Due to different tests for different visitor during the health screening / diagnostic tests, your name might not be called in sequence.
- If you wish to go for a light meal after the blood is drawn and Ultrasound of Abdomen & Pelvis is done, you may do so but please inform our nurse.
Only have a light meal if you have not done the Treadmill.
Advice for Ladies
- If you are menstruating on the day of your appointment, please inform the doctors during Health Screening.
You will not be able to do your Pap Smear as the presence of blood in these tests would produce inaccurate results.
- Please inform our nurses during registration if you are pregnant , or suspected to be pregnant.
X-rays, DSCT, Dexa Bone Scan and Mammogram are not recommended for anyone who is pregnant.
- Please remove your jewelleries and bra before scanning.
Advice for PTCA Patient
- Foreign visitors please allow yourself to put up 4 days 3 nights in Kuala Lumpur.
- Day 1 - Arrive Kuala Lumpur
- Day 2 - Diagnostic Test
- Day 3 - Balloon Angioplasty & Stenting procedure
- Day 4 - Returning Home
- Treadmill or Stress ECG takes about 30 minutes to an hour excluding waiting time.
- Please bring along your exercise shoes and attire. Should you forget, T-shirt is provided at our Center.
- Avoid having a heavy meal before treadmill.
- If you experience any chest discomfort, please inform our treadmill technicial before she starts the treadmill test.
- Please remove all your jewelleries, belt, watch, etc before scanning.
- Please switch off your mobile phone during scanning.
- Relax and hold your breath during scanning, as this is a painless and fast (less than 15 seconds) process.
Any body movement during scanning will result in repeating the scan.
- If you are a female, please read Advice to Ladies carefully.
Contraindication for MRI:
Items which are not supposed to be brought into MRI room
- No cardiac pacemaker.
- Metalic sugical inplant must be > 6 months.
- Coronary stent must be > 2 months.
- No cerebral metalic implant.
- No cochlear implant.
- Must not be during 1st trimester of pregnancy.
- Handphone, watch, ID, ATM or credit cards with chips and magnetic stripe.